Nutrition Education & Advising
Learn how to fuel your body towards better health!
M.Ed, MS, RYT200hr,
Certified in Plant Based Nutrition
E-mail Kelsey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 262-496-4338
" I grew up playing all sports and was always very active through athletics, outdoor activities and fitness classes. While in college playing basketball, my body felt worn out and tired. I did not have the energy I use to have and I wanted to figure out how I could get it back. So I did some research and I found a book on increasing your energy through a plant-based diet. After reflecting back and journaling on my animal intake, I realized I had increased my animal protein since my freshmen year due to trying to increase weight and muscle mass. So I decide to make a change and eliminated all animal protein from my diet. The change was incredible! My energy was soaring, my skin cleared up, I had less joint pain and I felt a clear connection to my mind and body. From there I started to realize the harsh treatment animals were going through, the impact our diets have on the environment and how a diet high in animal can increase your risk for many health issues.
With all this knowledge, I decide I wanted to combine my love for fitness with my love of plant-based food. I was already teaching fitness classes, so I got certified in Plant-Based Nutrition, followed by my Masters in Health and Wellness. Combining this knowledge with over eight years of teaching yoga, I hope I can help, encourage and inspire others find their path to wellness."
Looking to increase your energy, improve your health and maybe lose some weight?
Say goodbye to the latest diet fade and learn how to change your lifestyle by incorporating more of a whole-food, plant-based diet. By increasing your fruit and vegetable intake you will reduce your risks for chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. You will also feel great, increase your energy levels, have clearer skin and also improving the environment.
One-on-one advising is helpful for those looking to take control of their health and weight and increase their longevity of not only themselves, but also their loved ones. Advising sessions will cover the benefits of creating healthy eating habits, which include how to read food labels, meal planning and prepping, how to cook delicious meals at home, what to order when eating out and other topics that meet the client’s needs. These sessions will help you set realistic goals and will give you the necessary tools and skills to change your eating habits and enhance your life!
Schedule your free 30-minute consultation today!
Meet with Kelsey to explore different services that meet your needs or to learn more about a whole-food, plant-based diet. First consultation can also be done over the phone, via Google Hangouts/Skype or email. Or schedule a program today for friends and family!
Nutritional Advising Rates
- In-depth nutritional profile (1-hour; $60)
- Review of 3-day food journey and medical history
- Nutrition assessment
- Basic nutrition education
- Individuals goals
- Follow-Up Visits (30-minutes; $25)
- Review of goals and progress
- Continued nutrition education
- Next steps
- 3-Session Plan ($80; in-depth profile and 2 follow-up sessions)
- 6-Session Plan ($150; in-depth profile and 5 follow-up sessions)
All services and programs come with continue support and motivation! This can be daily, weekly or last second. Kelsey wants to take this journey with you, and make sure you are support throughout the entire process.
- Cooking Classes and Demos
- Set-up a cooking class for you and your friends! Get hands on in the kitchen and learn how to cook your favorite, healthy foods. These demos will teach you how to flavor vegetables, how to make plant-based burgers and how to incorporate super foods to any meal! Great health starts in the kitchen!
- Plant-Based Cheese
- Love cheese, but hate the side effects? Reducing your cheese intake may be one of the hardiest transitions when trying to incorporate more plant-based foods. BUT it is very, very do able! In this workshop we will learn tips on how to reduce your cheese intake and how to make tasty, creamy plant-based nut cheese. By reducing your cheese intake you will see some awesome benefits like clearer skin, females can see changes in their menstrual cycle (less cramps/bloating) and health benefits that can include better bowel movements!
- Plant Power for Kids!
- Schedule a workshop where kids can learn and grow in the kitchen! Children are our futures so lets set them up for success by teaching them the healing (and tasty) powers of good food.
- What is kombucha and how can I brew it at home?! Learn the awesome health benefits of this fermented tea and how easy it can be to brew in the comfort of your home.
- Asanas & Plant Power
- This three-week program incorporates the healing powers of food, with the healing powers of yoga. Studies show when combining diet and exercise, a person can reduce their risks for chronic diseases, especially heart disease which affects more Americans than any other disease. Sessions will include a 45-minute educational component and a 45-minute yoga session. Topics include, Rethinking a Plant-Based Diet with the Power of Twisting Yoga; The Connection Between Yoga and Diet; and The Protein Myth, along with Open Hearts Yoga. Schedule your three-week session today!